Sunday, September 12, 2010

20 weeks preggo.



We're halfway, baby!

Very exciting to meet our midpoint of 20 weeks. I've been waiting for this moment. For the longest time, or what felt like the longest time, I did not think we would make it to this point with all the bleeding scares we had at the start.

I've been anxiously awaiting this milestone. It's pretty crazy to think that we have less time remaining than we've been pregnant.

The baby is about the size of a banana now measuring at about 7 inches. I remember when my bestie Janine was pregnant with a banana and I thought that was SO big.. now I'm there and of course, it doesn't seem like as much of a big deal!

This weekend was Janine's baby shower. She is 13 weeks ahead of me and I volunteered to host her baby shower. It was my first time hosting a baby shower and the second one that I've been to. I think that it turned out pretty well, people seemed to have fun and Janine seemed to enjoy herself, so mission was accomplished! I got her and Jeff (well mostly her, I doubt Jeff will be sporting it) a cute Petunia Pickle diaper bag that Janine was eyeing. I want one similar to it, which is a lot cheaper than the Kate Spade diaper bag I've been hoping for. But, the shower and shower planning wore me out and I am feeling it this evening. I will be surprised if I make it past 8pm tonight.

I went shopping this morning with Vanessa to a consignment sale in Golden. Im glad that she invited me to go as I found a few things! I got about 15 clothing items, mostly sleepers, a boppy cover, 2 baby einstein dvds, a music cd that is in French (we hope to learn French someday!), a stuffed monster (starting to believe we're going to do a monster theme for the nursery?) and a swaddler. All of that was only 40 bucks, 10 of that being the monster.

Speaking of baby items, we did the majority of our registry yesterday evening. Boy, was that exhausting! We probably looked ridiculous trying to decide what we should buy and what we need, etc. We were both pretty exhausted after. We still need to register for some stuff but we got a big chunk of it complete. I figured 20 weeks was a good time to start the wish list.

My belly sure is growing. I would say that strangers likely notice that I am pregnant. I am still larger at night but still have quite a bump in the morning before I eat and drink as well. The one pair of jeans that I thought I'd be able to wear throughout my pregnancy no longer button! I still don't think that I really know what I am in for as far as getting big. Kind of scary, but also exciting.

I feel him on a daily basis now, mostly when I lay down to go to sleep. The movements are getting stronger so I am hoping to feel him from the outside soon. I would think by 23-24 weeks we should start feeling him. I can't wait for Morgan to feel him; even if the idea still freaks him out.

I have an appointment this Friday with the midwife. Im excited to go and hear the heartbeat again - it seems like forever since I heard it last. I've been having tons of calf pain, which started out as only waking me at night with horrible cramping/spasms and slight pain in the morning but now lasts the entire day. I would say that my sciatic pain still tops any other discomfort I am having.

Well, I am exhausted and need to go lay in bed. I bought a maternity pillow so I am hoping that helps making sleeping on my side a little more comfortable. I HATE sleeping on my side. I miss belly sleeping. Sigh.. not much longer, I can push through it! :)

I posted pictures above. One is from Janine's baby shower, her at 33w1d and me at 20w1d. The other was taken this afternoon. I think with the shirt not being as form fitting my belly looks a lot bigger than the picture yesterday... dont think it's possible to grow that much over night, right!? :)

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment