Sunday, September 5, 2010

19 weeks preggo.


This baby boy is starting to move!

On Thursday night I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating chest pains. It was really bizarre because it was all on my right side and got worse when I took in anything but a shallow breath. I couldn't move, at all. It was to the point that I couldn't roll my body or arm over enough to shake Morgan to wake up; I had to use my foot to shake him. He woke up and got me some water and listened to me cry and freak out. I had no idea what was wrong and still don't. I immediately thought my lung had collapsed as it was localized and hurt so bad to breathe or move my ribs on that side. I wonder if it was some sort of panic attack?

Either way, when I settled down, stopped crying and was laying there trying to fall asleep, I felt a very obvious thud in my lower abdomen! This was the first time that I felt like it was truly the baby and not a questionable feeling in my stomach. It was pretty exciting. I held my hand on my stomach hoping to feel something on the outside but no such luck. I am getting pretty anxious to feel him on the outside but know that I just need to be patient since I am just 19 weeks and it is my first. Soon enough I will be wishing I couldn't feel his feet jabbing my ribs!

I went to prenatal yoga with Vanessa and her friend Julie on Saturday morning. I really liked it! As I usually report, I have been having horrible low back/hip/butt pain on my left side. It felt really nice to stretch my body out. I am going to buy a punch card so that I can go once a week. I won't be able to go next weekend as I am hosting Janine's baby shower but will go every Saturday after that. I really liked the atmosphere and the teacher, and well, my company! It was pretty weird for me being in a room of 20 pregnant women. The room was fairly small so it was definitely a tight squeeze fitting all those bellies in there. I think it will help me a lot to do yoga and having a punch card and someone to go with will force me to go; sometimes I need that.

After looking at a photo album Vanessa sent me of her pregnancy progress, I realized that I really need to take pictures. I want to have that to go look back on. We are going to take a picture tomorrow and we will take one next weekend at 20 weeks - really, is next weekend already going to be half way? Craziness. And, from there on out, I will take one every 2 weeks to show the difference, maybe even every week once I really start growing.

I've been looking into birthing classes as I should probably start enrolling soon. I am trying to decide between hypnobirthing and the Bradley Method. I think that I am going to go with the Bradley Method but need to find one that works well with our schedules. I want to take one at Mountain Midwifery but the only class they have listed started today and runs until late October-ish. I'd like to find one that starts around the beginning of November.. that way, I won't forget everything in the months before our labor.

Sleeping is really starting to get uncomfortable. I confess that I still sleep and lay on my back. I know that I shouldn't but sometimes its the only position that works for me. I really need to get a better sleeping pillow. I've been putting a memory foam pillow between my knees for sleeping but just end up on my back with the pillow on the floor. Sleeping directly on my stomach is out as it's not comfortable but I almost lay half on my stomach and half on my side, which still seems to work. Im not sure how else to control my sleep position. Oh well, my body will tell me when a position isn't working anymore like it did for my stomach.

As far as cravings, I am still always wanting boiled hot dogs. I think I am on week 4 or 5 now with wanting boiled hot dogs. Also, my appetite is really picking up and every time I see someone eating something, I want it, too. Im still not huge on sweets, especially compared to how I was pre-pregnancy, but my sweet cravings are kicking in a little bit more. I stopped for ice cream today and wanted a cherry dipped cone the other night at 9pm (and got one!).

Hopefully next week I am able to report feeling him from the outside, I can't wait for that.. and even more, for Morgan to feel his son kicking.

I'll try to remember to update tomorrow with a picture of my belly.. how lucky you all are, getting one two weeks in a row with next week being 20 weeks!

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

1 comment: