Monday, December 13, 2010

33 weeks preggo.





Is it really less than two weeks until xmas? Luckily I finished all of my xmas shopping yesterday (with the exception of the animals!). I may buy the baby something else as well, but we shall see.

I had been feeling pretty good and felt like I was finally back on a good streak. However, last night I woke up after about an hour of sleep and had a bad stomach ache. I ended up having diarrhea over the night and threw up probably more violently than I have since I had food poisoning a few years back. Throwing up this late in pregnancy is no fun. I immediately started having contractions and bad cramping. I felt some of the contractions in my legs but figured that I would give it a little time before going to be seen at the hospital. After about 2 hours of laying in bed restless and in pain, I finally fell asleep. This morning I woke up for work and was still nauseous and had a bad stomach ache with cramping and contractions. I missed work again today. It stresses me out to miss work which makes me feel worse.. its a vicious cycle.


This last weekend we put up the xmas tree. It was weird to think that this year is our last year that we will be putting up the xmas tree without a little one running around. To be honest though, I think both Morgan and I need the excitement of a little one around to put us in the xmas spirit. We were talking about how neither of us are in the xmas mood and how it will be nice to live through the excitement of our son around xmas time. I am excited to start our own traditions with him and follow some of those that we both experienced as kids. I am excited for that; not only for just xmas time but just experiencing all the small and big things in life. It will be neat to see everything through one more set of eyes.

Depending on the day, some days I feel like we will still be celebrating our son's birthday by the end of the year and others I feel like we will be waiting until our due date or beyond to celebrate. Either way, whenever he decides to come is fine, I'd just prefer after the 34 week mark but 37 or after if possible!

Today while I was home sick, I drafted our birthing plan. Morgan looked it over when he got home and was really excited. Surprisingly, I am not any more nervous after writing down all the details of our hopes and dreams of our labor and birthing experience. We've decided that if the situation allows, Morgan is going to catch the baby. I will really need his support and need him near me through most of the labor but I think that it would be very special for him to be able to catch the baby, and he would like to, so I will let him leave me for that moment. :) Hopefully all goes well so that he is able to catch him coming out. How neat would that be? Now that the birth plan is done, we need to work on packing our hospital bag. You'd think that after 2 false alarms it would be packed already.. talk about procrastination.

I am starting to get a little concerned that this little stubborn guy is not going to turn. He is still laying diagonally across my uterus. His head is down near my left hip and his butt is up under the right side of my rib cage. Sometimes he moves up and will be laying straight across but his head never goes down further than my hip area. I am going to have to ask on Friday at my appointment what I can do to try to move him. I am also going to look further into spinningbabies.com and see what I can do. With all of the preterm labor scares we have had, I am a little scared to move him with fear that he will decide to come out once he is turned or that the movements will put me into labor. I really do not want a c-section and would like to do anything that I can do (that is safe!) to prevent one.

I am getting an ultasound on Thursday. This is likely our last ultrasound (hopefully!). They will be measuring his growth to ensure that he has made proper progress from our last growth scan which I believe was at 28 weeks.

We bought frames for the nursery this weekend and Morgan has started his magic with drawing the art for the nursery. How neat that he gets to do all the artwork for his little boy's room.

Well, I need to get some food in my belly and rest so that I feel better for work tomorrow.

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

1 comment: