Sunday, December 26, 2010

35 weeks preggo.

Well, we've made it another week! We've only got about 2 weeks until we're considered "full-term" - although theres argument on whether it is 37 or 38 weeks. I would really just like to make it to 37 weeks at this point, especially considering we have been having contractions and scares since what, 28 weeks?

From what I can tell, baby is still breech. I tried the hanging upside down on an ironing board idea and got a horrible headache and acid reflux. I've been trying to get on "all fours" throughout the day today and am going to try to remember to do it a few times a day. I go in on Wednesday for my appointment and if he is still breech, which I am pretty sure he is, they will schedule me for a version. I won't lie, I am really nervous about the version and the possibility of getting a c-section. Guess what will be, will be, and I will do my best to make the best out of the situation.

Yesterday was Christmas and it was nice. I've been wanting a KitchenAid mixer for years and always said that I would get one when we have a kid so that I can bake, bake, bake. So, this year I got one! :) Morgan got a lot of motorcycle stuff, which he is is very excited about. Our favorite BBQ place was closing and yesterday was their last day. We stood in like for about 2 hours and by the time we got home, made a 3 hour trip out of getting BBQ. But, it was worth it. We both got 2 meals and made the second for dinner tonight. Sad that he closed doors, but I guess after being the only worker for 25 years and reaching that age, it is time to retire. After lunch, we came home and I finished preparing Christmas dinner. We had our friends Ethan and Liz over for dinner. I wasn't feeling the best so I was a little bit of a party pooper. I couldn't eat much either as my stomach was hurting and overall just felt really uncomfortable.

I've had good and bad days this last week. Some days I feel really good and energetic and others I feel like I am 90 years old and about to go into labor any minute. Today has been a mix. I've been feeling pretty emotional and lonely this evening. I feel as though any minute I could start crying - maybe it is needed. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a crying fit before I fall asleep. I am having tightness and a little pain in my tummy and some typical girly bits pain.

I am looking forward to another 4 day work week. The 5 days are a bit much for me these days. I get really tired after working 8 hours and often just want to come home and go to bed.

I wrote up on our list of things that we need to pack for the hospital and things that we need to grab last minute when I do go into labor. I didn't get around to packing it, though. I hope to have it done by the end of the week. I hope to get all of the bedding and some of his clothes washed as well. I feel like I have so much more to do and its a little overwhelming. The nursery isn't done yet, either. We still have to paint and prime the shelves which is up to Morgan and he also needs to complete the art work for the nursery as well. I think once those two things are done and I have all of the washing done, I will feel a lot better. Perhaps I will run some laundry tomorrow after work. I think I am just reaching the nesting phase and I can only do so much without feeling completely worn out and unable to move, that it is hard for me to deal with. I want to do it all but am unable to because of the pain and my contractions. I guess I do what I can and that will have to be enough.

Well, I am tired and want to get to bed at a decent hour so that I am not super tired when I wake up in the morning. Hopefully I will be updating next week with a turned baby and still preggo.

Till then,

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment