Sunday, January 16, 2011

38 weeks preggo.


Still here, still pregnant!

As I type, I am bouncing and rolling around on my exercise/birthing ball hoping that it is effective and I roll into labor tonight! How nice it would be to get off work tomorrow.. I am so over working at this point.

For the most part, we had a pretty uneventful week. However, on Tuesday, I was working and looked up and I couldn't see very well. The wording on my computer screen was all jumbled and when I tried talking to people, I couldn't see their face, it was just like a black blur. Immediately I thought of preeclampsia. I went to lay down in our little lounge area at work and then later got a headache and started sweating a bit. Janine called Morgan to pick me up and I called the midwife and she asked that I come in to be seen. My blood pressure was high (compared to what mine usually is) so they drew blood and did a urine dip test to see if I was excreting protein into my urine. There as no protein within the sample I gave but she wanted to do a 24 hour collection of urine as she said that it doesn't always come out with every sample and this way, they could monitor what I was excreting over 24 hours. So, I left with a clear bag with a piss tray and a gallon jug to empty my urine in. Real pleasant! I stayed home the next day and did my collection and rested so my bp stayed down (hi, work stresses me out these days!). Thursday morning we went in to give them my urine and had my weekly appointment instead of waiting until the next day.

We signed our consent form and put down the deposit for the birthing tub. I hope that all remains well so that I can have the opportunity to do a water birth if I want to. I've been watching water births on youtube and it has been pretty inspiring. I feel like I am more confident than ever that I will be able to handle the birthing process unmedicated. But, if I don't, I don't, but hope and think I can.

Not much else to report. I am getting pretty anxious and would welcome his arrival any time now. I'd really like to go into labor and have him before we have any company so that we can get into our routine and schedule and get situated before we have visitors. I feel like it will reduce stress if we can settle on our own - and well, adjust the animals to the new member of our family.

I bought another diaper bag this week. Hopefully this one works out better than the other. Guess it won't hurt to have two, right? I think I deserve to have two diaper bags.. :)

Well, Time to do more bouncing and rolling and hope for the best... 12 more days!

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment