Sunday, August 8, 2010

15 weeks preggo.


Football is on, that is so exciting. I call it now, football makes me go into labor, I will go in labor on a Sunday. I love football. Hope that I am not late and miss the superbowl because of the baby! :)


We did a lot of packing today and feel as though we had a really productive day. I think that I will be feeling it tomorrow as I am already feeling it in my thighs, hips and back. Poor Morgan has to lift and move everything without me. I just pack and organize boxes and that's about it. We only had one box for the baby which has its bedding set, sheets, a blanket my brother's coworkers made for us and a giraffe that Morgan's parents got us when they were out here in June.


Speaking of things for the baby, we bought a car seat and a stroller for the baby last week. I really like the look of the more modern streamlined strollers, like the Bugaboo, but cannot afford 800-1300 on a stroller. I found one similar on Craigslist and I absolutely love it!! I didn't really think that I would be so excited about a stroller, but I am. I posted a picture of it above, except ours is "aqua" in color, rather than plum. The funniest part was when we tried to figure out how to get the car seat off the base. We honestly spent about 10 minutes pushing and pulling everything we could find on both the car seat and the base and while I was resorting to Google to figure it out, Morgan found the obvious 5 inch button/pull on the back of the car seat. Then, we tried figuring out how to get the seat off the stroller so that we could convert it to put the car seat on and we basically tried everything, resulting in the wheels falling off. Hilarious. We're not first time parents or anything!


This morning I took part in a prenatal yoga workshop with Annie, she is the wife of one of the attorneys in the office I work in. I've never done yoga before so I was a little nervous. I really, really enjoyed it, though. I wish that I had the money to take part in prenatal yoga classes. But, I did buy that video so I think I will just stick to that and maybe treat myself with a class every now and again. It felt really good, physically and emotionally. 


I should probably update regarding the baby, eh? Well, the best news I have to share is that we found out last week that Morgan is not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, which is great and a sigh of relief. So, at this point, our baby has a 1 in 4 chance of being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, but has 0% chance of actually having CF. I almost cried when Morgan called and told me as I was just so relieved.


I had my appointment on Friday with the midwife. The appointment went pretty well. I actually lost a pound since my last appointment so she said she would like to see me gain 5 pounds by 20 weeks as she likes to see a 5-10lb weight gain when women reach 20 weeks. Im just going to continue doing things as I am and actually, I will probably start incorporating some exercising so I don't know if I will gain the weight she wants. Im definitely not starving myself by any means or even dieting, I think my appetite is just decreased, I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.  I do think that I make better choices than I did before, which is better for me. I think my change in eating habits and the pregnancy are offsetting each other. I did gain about 5 pounds right before I found out I was pregnant, so I will count that as a gain :)


She didn't seem too concerned about the down syndrome thing and said so many people have false positives and with my age, she isn't concerned. She said my NT fold measurement was 1.3, which is great and is usually a great marker for down syndrome. However, she did say that due to my elevated levels in my blood work, this puts me at risk for preeclampsia, low birth weight and/or preterm labor. She suggested that I take a baby aspirin every day, so I am doing that. I guess it keeps my blood thinner and will help prevent clotting in the placenta. 


The most exciting part was that Morgan and I heard the bean's heartbeat for the first time! She felt over my stomach, "soft, soft, soft, hard, there's your uterus!" She put the doppler on my uterus and we heard the whoosh immediately. The bean had a hr of 150bpm. Carol said that it was too close to call boy or girl - that's just an old wive's tale anyhow! We're pretty convinced it is a girl. I think we'll be shocked if we find out it is a boy, but we would be ecstatic with either a boy or girl.. I'm not sure that we even have a preference at this point; just want a healthy baby.


From here, we wait until August 16th when I have my level 2 ultrasound to see how that goes. I will be following up with the midwife the following Friday, the 20th (also moving day!). 

Cravings as of late: hot dogs and watermelon. 

Also, I just wanted to say that I feel so lucky and thankful to have Morgan by my side. I really couldn't ask for a better husband, best friend, support system and daddy to be. He's the best. 


See you next week.


xo, mommy to be. 

2 comments:

  1. :) I am so glad things are going better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you know this, but I'll throw it out there anyway since she mentioned low birthweight, but the second and third tri gain are all baby. It's the first tri gain that's you. Might be worth it to count calories and make sure the baby is getting enough. http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain

    ReplyDelete