Tuesday, August 24, 2010

17 weeks preggo.




We've been busy moving and unpacking. The new house is really nice and I did not get emotional about moving like I thought I would. I think it was a time for that chapter of our lives to come to a close. We're welcoming the change in the new house with open arms. So far, all of the furkids are adjusting really well. I thought it would take longer than it has. But, we seem to be all settled in.

The baby's room was easiest to unpack as we only had a romper outfit, tshirt, bedding, small blanket and a couple decorations. It is nice to have most of our living spaces unpacked. The garage? Still chaos, but we'll get there.

There's not much to report on the baby front this week. We did go buy our first clothing items for the baby. Morgan picked out a shirt that has a motorcycle on it that says "young rebel" and I picked out a blue and brown romper.. not sure if romper is even the right name for it, but its what I'll call it.

I am pretty sure that I felt the baby move for the first time on Thursday. I felt a "pop pop pop" almost like one of those "snap its" that you throw on the ground around the 4th. Im not sure if that was the baby, but if not, I am not sure what else it would be! I am also really starting to show. Even in the mornings I have a bit of a bump, but it is really out there by the end of the day. Morgan likes to point out that you can "really notice it" on a daily basis.

I had my midwife appointment last Friday and it went well. She somewhat encouraged me to test for spina bifida but to be honest, I just don't think that I can go through anymore testing and the stress that can come with it. The heartbeat was in the 150s, still, and I gained about 3 pounds since my appointment 2 weeks prior. I have a feeling the pounds are going to start piling on. We'll see what happens. I definitely have more of an appetite and can eat a lot more than I did earlier on.

Enjoy the ultrasound pics and a picture of me at 17 weeks!

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

1 comment: