Sunday, October 24, 2010

26 weeks preggo.




I'm pretty tired so this is likely going to be short!

So, I mentioned wanting to change hospitals/midwives. We decided to go tour the hospital last Wednesday and we were really impressed! The birthing rooms are huge and the recovery rooms are nice as well. The whole hospital just has a lot more of a welcoming feeling than the last. It did not feel as hospital-ish to me. So, we left feeling pretty good but knew that we had yet to meet any of the midwives from the clinic that would be delivering there. I had my appointment on Friday and it went really well. One of their statistics that really impressed me was their episiotomy rates - 2 in the last year. That is really impressive considering the statistics I've read of other hospitals in the area, including the one I was going to. I was really impressed with the midwife that I met with. I liked her a lot. She was very warm and said all the things I was hoping that she would. So, with that said, I made the switch! I feel very good about it and all of my nerves about switching are gone. I've also been researching a little more on water births as the hospital offers them and it is something that I am interested in.

One big exciting thing that happened this week was I helped deliver a baby! Rather than telling her birth story for her, I will make it short and say that I got a call from her at 5:50am-ish on Monday morning saying that I needed to get ready and come out to get her. Her husband was out of town so I was on baby catching duty while he was gone. She was actually due the 29th but the little one decided to come early! We got to the hospital around 7:00 a.m., checked-in at labor/delivery at 7:30 and little Delaney was born at 10:28a.m. It was super exciting. I thought the whole experience would scare me but it did the opposite.. it made me feel very excited about my birthing experience. I am super grateful that I was able to be a special part of her labor and delivery.

Monday night, we had our first Bradley method class. We both enjoyed it. We've been trying to remember to do our "exercises" but sometimes forget. It usually comes down to us being so tired when we go upstairs to go to bed that we just go to sleep rather than completing our exercises. I do think that as long as we make the classes worth our time and money, we will benefit from them - and that's the point, right? I'm looking forward to tomorrow's class.

Next Saturday we are doing our 3d scan. I am pretty excited about it! Hopefully we get some really great shots and get a semi-decent idea of what our little one looks like! Then, we are going out to dinner to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. :)

We went pumpkin picking this weekend so I posted a picture that Morgan took that I really like above. We've been going pumpkin picking every year for the last 7 years. It's weird to think that next time we go, we will have a 10 month old son with us! Very exciting.

We finished up our registry today. While doing so, I felt super light headed, dizzy and sweaty. I had to sit down in the aisle to make sure I did not pass out. I felt better after I rested. I have felt good through most of the week. I went a good portion of the week without any pain in my back. I sat on the floor this evening doing some stuff from work I brought home and I think that it flared up my sore spots because I am hurting.

On that note, I am off to bed to get my beauty rest.

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Beautiful pictures. Both of you look great.

    Lots of love,
    Jordyn and Tim

    ReplyDelete