Sunday, October 31, 2010

27 weeks preggo.




Hello 3rd and last trimester!

So, it's Halloween and it is also our 6 year wedding anniversary! We also got married on a Sunday so this is the first anniversary we've had where it fell on the same day of the week when we wed! Crazy that it has been 6 years already. Makes me realize that time sure does fly by and before we know it, this little guy inside will be in kindergarten and then graduating high school!

This week was kind of emotional for me. I think I just had a really stressful week both at work and school so it took its toll on me. I think even if I wasn't pregnant, this week would have been rough for me.

We had a good class on Monday. Morgan had to wear the empathy belly and he basically broke out a sweat, haha. He had the pregnancy waddle and swears that he wasn't doing it on purpose, that it really threw off his balance that much. It was pretty funny to see and nice to have him feel my pain, even if it was only for 4 minutes!

I've had a lot of stretch marks pop up lately. Its like daisies in the spring time, just popping up left and right.. I won't lie, its a little depressing and discouraging to get that many within a small window of time. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones and go through my whole pregnancy without getting them, but nope! I just hope that at some point they kind of come to a stop. I am worried with having 12 1/2 weeks left, how bad they will get.

On Friday night I was laying in bed going to sleep and think that I felt an arm or leg move across my stomach for the first time! It was a weird pressure/movement that spread out about 2-3 inches on my lower abdomen. It was pretty neat :) Also, I borrowed a home doppler from Janine so that we can hear the little guy's heartbeat.. I think that I finally heard it for a few seconds.. haven't been able to find it since, though!

Our excitement for the week was doing our 3d/4d ultrasound on Saturday. I was pretty nervous that the pictures would be horrible or that he would have his hand, foot or umbilical cord in his face the entire time blocking his face. Well, both were semi-true. He had his hand and umbilical cord across his face for the start of the session and by the end, he had both feet, an elbow and the umbilical cord in his face! Thanks for the cooperation, baby! It was still pretty amazing to see. At one point he held up the metal horns with his fingers, at another he opened one eye and he also kind of smirked at one point, moving his lips back and forth. The guy doing the ultrasound said that he is a big chubby baby for 27 weeks and asked if they have my due date correct. Made me a little nervous!! He said that he looks more like a 30 week baby rather than 27 weeks. One of my first thoughts was worrying that I have gestational diabetes and that is why he is a big boy. I surely hope not - mostly for his health and baking time, not for my inconvenience of not being able to eat what I want. Granted, I'd like to continue eating as I'd like, but I don't think it would be hard for me to give up xyz foods if it turns out I do have it. I just want the best for him, so I'll do what it takes if that is the case! Anyhow, he guesstimated that he was about 13-14 inches and about 2.75lbs.

We have a growth ultrasound on Wednesday so we'll find out how accurate his estimation is. I hope that the ultrasound goes well and they don't see anything alarming. I hope that they look at his whole body and make sure everything looks normal. Sometimes I freak out because I opted out of the last test which looked for tube defects including spina bifida. I am excited for the ultrasound but being the freak that I am, I am always nervous for things like this. Also on Friday, I have my first appointment with the new clinic. I will be doing my gestational diabetes test on Friday as well.. fingers crossed that comes back normal. For some reason I feel like it will come back bad and I will have to take the 3 hour test. I feel like since I have been gaining a bit of weight lately and the baby seems "large" all signs are pointing to me having it. Guess we shall see! If so, it's not the end of the world and like I said, I'll do what I need to do to ensure the best health for the baby (and well, me too).

Not much else to report. He has been alarmingly quiet today. I feel like with all of the sugar I have had today (thank you Halloween candy and anniversary breakfast) that he should be pretty active, but he is not. He was really active all day yesterday and pretty active on Friday so I am hoping that he is just tired and sleeping today. It worries me, though. Hopefully he is active tomorrow to make me feel better. I've felt a few movements here and there, but nothing like it has been lately. Perhaps he is pissed off because the ultrasound guy kept shaking him to try to get him to move... oops!

I will try to figure out how to take a few clips off of the DVD we have to upload to my blog for you all to see, but I am not sure that I will be able to figure it out. Till then, enjoy the pictures :)
Time to rest before more rest - bed time.

See you next week.

xo, mommy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment